Just want to pass on a few interesting words of wisdom that made me pause. None of these are probably new but worth repeating.
– CURE MAGAZINE, Fall 2014 /Vol. 13 No. 3: SportsCenter co-anchor Stuart Scott; diagnosed with appendiceal cancer says; “When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer,” he said in accepting an award. “You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.”
– Octavia Spencer, actress on Red Band Society: “The world is full of black holes. But you are the only one that who can pull yourself out,”
– Jason Seigal, author of NightMares. When interviewed by Ellen Degeneres said, “It’s okay to be scared. Your nightmares are the Gate Keepers to your dreams and you need to walk through the fear to know you can succeed.”
“The Alchemist,” by Paulo Coelho. Here are a few lines mentioned:
-“When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.”
– “God has prepared a path for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens that he left for you.”
– “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
What I take away from these thoughts is that we have the power to make things happen even when we feel that all our power has been taken from us. Also, the way we each decide to look at our situation is up to us. Sometimes this can be a heavy cross to bare but only we know the ups and downs of our bodies fight and only we know if we are living in the moment doing the things we want to do with the people we want to be doing them with. And to try not to feel guilty when we make those decisions.
See you next week! enjoy this beautiful fall weather!